Real Estate Negotiator DO’S
- Negotiators should work under the direction and supervision of the Estate Agency.
- Negotiators should display their duties to be loyal to the Estate Agency and not make secret profits nor act for both parties in a transaction without the written consent for both.
- Negotiators should supply to prospective parties all information as to the probably length of the transaction and avoid anything that may tend to mislead a party not represented by them.
- Advertising the property for sale, purchase, letting or renting should be done tastefully, professionally, with no mis-representation and must not mislead the public as to the facts of the property.
Real Estate Negotiator DON’TS
- Negotiators are not allowed to operate independently of the firm.
- Negotiators must not hang signboard/ banner on public properties (trees,
TNB box, lamp post, telephone booth, ect.)
- Negotiators shall not when offering property for sale, purchase, let or rent, quote price different from that agreed upon with the principal (the client).
- Negotiators must not replace / remove another person’s signboard with his / her own signboard, from a property without the written permission of the principal (client).
- Negotiators must not distribute any flyers from the company. The Board can fine up to RM 1000 per flyer.